IMDC is looking for an experienced Marine Engineer to lead our “Marine, Dredging and Port Engineering” Product in the management, technical execution, training of junior engineers and quality assurance of our growing project portfolio. IMDC offers a range of services for ports and marine terminals, from the review and development of existing infrastructure to site selection and evaluation of options for new facilities. We help clients to plan future port developments, optimise the design of port infrastructure and obtain the necessary licences and consents. The role involves all aspects of marine engineering associated with ports, marine facilities and LNG terminals site selection, port layout, navigation, dredging, downtime assessments, mooring and berthing, breakwater, and intake and outfall design. The expected responsibilities of the Product Manager are as follows:
- Responsible for business development, lead detection, generation of opportunities and preparation of offers to win work within the market of ports, marine engineering and dredging.
- Responsible for the organization and distribution of work (proposals/offers and projects) among the team members, taking into account their skills and experience, but also interests and wishes to further develop. You will safeguard the workload of each team member. Together with other Product Managers, you will solve the planning and capacity for a good balance of private and professional life.
- Provide technical expertise and coaching to team members.
- Manage and direct projects and provide technical input on projects relevant to ports, marine engineering, or dredging.
- Develop and implement a strategy road map for the Product.
- You will be a member of the Management Team and will report to the Operational Director.
- You will be a bridge-builder between management, project leaders, commercial roles, team members and other team leaders to ensure the overall operations at IMDC (not just your own team) gets done in the most optimal way for all employees, company-wide.
- You build strong communication and close working relationships with internal stakeholders, bringing proactive input to projects/developments.